July 4th Parfait Recipe
Happy July 4th! After you’ve devoured your BBQ Burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, and the like, why not cool down with this yummy, and easy July 4th Parfait.
To make the Strawberry Mixture for the July 4th Parfait, you’ll need:
16 oz frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/3 cup cold water
3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
For the Cream Mixture:
1 3/4 cups vanilla flavored almond milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
1 Pint of blueberries
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan (over low heat). Make sure to stir the sugar and smash the strawberries intermittently for about ten minutes. This will allow the sugar to dissolve and for the strawberries to mostly liquid.
- Pour 1/3 cup cold water into bowl, and add 3 1/4 teaspoons of gelatin. Stir and allow gelatin to dissolve.
- By now, your strawberries and sugar mixture, should be mostly liquid. Add your gelatin mixture to the strawberry mixture.
- Strain the strawberry mixture into a bowl. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In new saucepan, combine all ingredients for cream mixture, except the gelatin. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 1/3 cup cold water into bowl, and add 2 teaspoons of gelatin. Stir and allow gelatin to dissolve.
- Add gelatin mixture to cream mixture, and allow cream mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Fill glasses (I used stemless wine glasses) with strawberry and sugar mixture first, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Fill glasses with second layer (cream mixture). Refrigerate for an hour.
- Repeat step 4 and 5.
- Garnish with blueberries and enjoy!